New Board of Pharmacy Council Inaugurated
Hon. Kwaku Agyemang-Manu, Minister for Health , has inaugurated a new Board of the Pharmacy Council, at a ceremony in Accra.
The 9-member board was sworn into office after taking the oath of office and the oath of secrecy administered by the Minister.
Mrs. Doris Fosu-Hemaa Addae-Afoakwa, a pharmacist, is the Chairperson. The other members are:
- Pharm. Audu Rauf (Registrar, Pharmacy Council)
- Mrs. Martha Gyansah-Lutterodt (Chief Pharmacist, Ministry of Health)
- Prof. Mrs. Rita Akosua Dickson (Dean, School of Pharmacy-KNUST, representing Accredited Training Institutions)
- Mr. Ben Botwe (Pharmacist elected by registered Pharmacists)
- Hon Dr. Nana Ayew Afriyie (nominated by the Minister)
- Dr. Stanley Coffie (nominated by theMinister)
- Mrs. Yvonne Ayongo Adu-Boahen (nominated by the Minister)
- Mrs. Grace Mbrokoh-Ewoal (Principal State Attorney)
Addressing the Board members, the Minster urged them to bring their expertise to bear in their undertakings to be able to champion the mission and vision of the Council, and to implement programs that will help impact the health of the general public. He reminded the members that the objectives of Council is to secure the highest levels of pharmaceutical care.
The minister also tasked the Board Members to create favorable conditions to support the development of the pharmaceutical sector.